Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cream Cheese Lemon Bars






This recipe is sort of a family secret. I hope my mom doesn't get mad at me for posting this, but I had to. Its just too good to not share it. Cream cheese + Lemon = amazingness :)



By My Mama :) I don't know where she got the recipe from.




1 Duncan Hines pudding recipe yellow cake mix

8 oz package cream cheese, softened

1/3 C sugar

1 tsp lemon juice (I up it to 1 TBS real lemon juice)

2 eggs, divided

1/3 C oil







1. Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg and oil until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup. Pat remaining mixture lightly in an ungreased 13"x 9" x 2" pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.






2. Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and 1 egg until light and smooth. Spread over baked layer.






3. Sprinkly cream cheese layer with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool. Cut into bars. Good served warm or cool.

Photo Source: Fav Family Recipes

1 comment: