Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baked Snapper with Tropical Salsa

I found this recipe about 5 years ago and made it for the first time the other night. Ya know how you have a huge stack of recipes you've never made? Well, I'm trying to go through what I have and hoping to find some hidden jewels. I was pleasantly surprised! Even the husband really liked it...and thats sayin somethin! Its very healthy and the flavor was great. The only substitution I made was I used tilapia instead of snapper. I'm usually a lazy cook and I don't want ANYTHING to do with the prep work of fish. Instead I bought a bag of frozen tilapia. To make matters more convienent, the fish was individually packaged so all I had to do was thaw it in the bags, then cut the bags open. The tropical salsa on top was great too! It made it so the fish didn't need any other seasonings added. Resist the urge to salt! Oh, how tempted I was but I'm glad I resisted. Oh, and it was FAST! Loved that part too!



Baked Snapper & Tropical Salsa



Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Serves: 4 servings





Ingredients:

1 C chunky salsa (I used Pace)

1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained

1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped

6 C torn spinach leaves, washed, well dried

4 red snapper fillets (4 oz each)






1. Mix salsa, pineapple and mango.




2. Place spinach evenly in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with fillets. Spoon 2-4 TBS of the salsa mixture over each fillet; cover with foil. Set remaining salsa mixture aside for serving with fish.




3. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with reserved salsa mixture.


I served this with seasoned rice. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment