Thursday, November 10, 2011

Libby's Strawberry Salad & Poppy Seed Dressing

Oh man. This salad is amazing. I already have a different strawberry salad recipe on the blog (which is also good), but here is the difference:
I'm pretty sure I just heard angels singing. This dressing is super duper good. It could be used for a variety of salads, not just strawberry salad. Trust me. This dressing recipe is a keeper. :) I give my husband's cousin Callie (The On Call Cook) full credit here. Go check out her blog for the most amazing recipes. Seriously. Her blog is way better than mine :)



www.oncallcook.blogspot.com (I can't figure out how to make this a link because I'm cool like that so........just copy and paste).



Libby's Strawberry Salad
Source: Libby Coombs, a sweet old lady Callie knew from church

1 head of Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces (I used spinach)
1/2 red onion, diced (I didn't have red onion on hand when I made it)
1 1/2 c sliced strawberries (use more if you'd like)
1/2 c slivered honey roasted almonds

dressing:
3/4 c mayonnaise
1/3 c sugar
2 T milk
1 T cider vinegar
Optional: (I added 1/2 TBS Poppy Seeds, but you could add less or leave them out completely as Libby did.)

Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl.

Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl. I let mine sit in the fridge for about 15 minutes in the hopes that the sugar would dissolve to avoid the graininess, and it wasn't grainy at all. Score!

Pour about 1/4 c dressing on the salad at a time and toss to combine. Add more dressing until you've reached a dressingy-ness that you like.

Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I pinned this one from her blog too! I just haven't tried it yet. lol

    ReplyDelete