Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pumpkin Delight

A big shout out to Lil Luna for this delicious recipe!  I switched things up just a little bit, but it is mostly the same.  In the original recipe (and in the picture shown above), there is whipped cream in each layer of the dessert.  I prefer just a whipped cream topping.  Click the link to see original recipe.  It is good, just really tall and....whipped creamy.....which my kids liked, but I preferred less.  Super good as well though!  My husband wants this for Thanksgiving instead of pumpkin pie because the crust is so yum and its really easy to put together.



Mel's version of the Layered Pumpkin Dessert

Ingredients

*9x9 pan:

1 c flour
1/2 c butter
1/2 c chopped pecans
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c powdered sugar
8 oz whipped topping
2 1/2 c milk
1 (3 or 5 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin spice



Instructions
  1. Layer 1: Mix flour, butter and 1/2 cup pecans together. Press into a sprayed 9x9.  Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then remove and let cool.
  2. Layer 2: Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar, spread over cooled crust.
  3. Layer 3: Mix milk, pudding mix, canned pumpkin, pumpkin spice. Spread over top of layer 2. (You can add 1 c whipped cream to this layer to make it sweeter).  We prefer it without though.  
  4. Layer 4: Spread remaining 1 cup of whipped topping and sprinkle pecans.
  5. Let chill for 3 hours or until set.


*I made this dessert for a baby shower recently.  I used a big jelly roll pan.  I needed to triple the crust portion for that sized pan. I imagine for a 9x13 pan, you would need to increase the crust measurements as well. The rest of the topping ingredients I just doubled and it was plenty!  Very heavy tray. Everyone loved it!  Thick crust was delicious.  All of the layers compliment the others perfectly.  I also sprinkled pumpkin spice over the top of the whipped cream layer and it looked really pretty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment