Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Michelle W's Pie Crust



This was the best pie crust I have ever had!  I have never made a successful pie crust so I will need to try this at Thanksgiving time.  Lucky for me she was willing to share.


For a SINGLE PIE CRUST:
-Can double the recipe for 2 single pie crusts.


1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c lard
1 tbsp room temperature butter
-(optional, she accidentally left it out of the pies she made for me and it was still the best pie crust I have ever had).
4-5 tbsp cold water
-(she fills an 8 oz glass with ice water, adds about 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar to it and spoons out 4-5 tbsp from it.  When I asked her why the vinegar, she said she took a class from an award wining pie maker and she does it....so she doesn't question that kind of genius haha!

Mix flour and salt.  Cut in lard.  Mix in water with a fork-or throw it all in the food processor, as another friend suggested haha!

For a DOUBLE PIE CRUST (top and bottom):
2 c flour
1 tsp salt
2/3 c lard
5-7 tbsp water
1 tbsp butter


Recipe Source, my friend Michelle W.

No comments:

Post a Comment