Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One Bowl Healthy Pumpkin Muffins & Bread



The name of this recipe comes from the fact that you can just dump everything into one bowl-hence...easy! I added the "healthy" part and this recipe does well in its substitution with a more healthier version of the delicious pumpkin bread.

One Bowl Healthy Pumpkin Muffins & Bread
Source: http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/, altered by Mel

3/4 C honey (I even used just 1/2 C or 1/2 C brown sugar)
2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves (I usually omit this because I don't have it)
1 TBS molasses (I didn't have this and it still tasted great)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 2/3 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C melted butter
1/4 C cold water
1 C pumpkin (about half of a 15 oz can, or use fresh pumpkin puree)
optional: raisins and chopped walnuts


*(If ever I have a ripe banana around, I usually will mash it and throw that in there as well.)



Place all ingredients except nuts in a bowl and mix. For muffins, spoon mixture into 12 muffin tins for large muffins or 18 muffin tins for smaller muffins. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with nuts if desired. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. For bread, spoon mixture into greased bread pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment