Thursday, May 20, 2010

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Rounds




These cookies are really good. They are a mix between peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies-so yum. I have also made them before with mini Reeses Pieces (found in the baking section) sprinkled on top, which is the perfect touch. In this recipe I omitted the peanuts (I never put these in because the hubby doesn't like them) and added butterscotch and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Rounds
Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book

Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 10 minutes per batch
Oven: 375 degrees F

3/4 C butter, softened
1/2 C peanut butter
1 C granulated sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
2 C rolled oats
1 C chopped cocktail peanuts or semisweet chocolate chips (or mini Reeses Pieces)

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds or until combined.


2. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.


3. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.


4. Beat in flour with the mixer. Stir in rolled oats and peanuts or chocolate pieces.


5. (I always put the dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes at this point until the dough becomes firm enough to roll into balls without sticking to your hands). Drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the oreos get me too! Whenever I read your stuff I think, wow, I like this girl! We must think alike or something. I was raised to prefer fresh over processed food, so I like what you said about staying away from preservatives.

    ReplyDelete