Sunday, May 1, 2011

Indonesian Chicken




I just had a new baby girl a few days ago. I tell you what, everyone needs to have a baby girl. :) She is so precious and sweet. Anyhoo.....A day or two before I had her, I was looking for quick and easy recipes because lets face it-I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have a lot of spare time anymore. I found this recipe on my family's cooking blog at http://www.reddhotrecipes.blogspot.com/


I don't post on there much, as I felt like I had so many recipes I wanted to create my own blog. This recipe is total yummers AND easy AND fast to prepare. Score! The only change I made to this version is I doubled the sauce. We like lots of sauce where I'm from so even tripling it might be something your family wants to do if you are feeding big eaters. I'm also listing this as a "30 mintue meal" because the prep work is so fast. It would take longer than 30 minutes if baking it in the oven.








1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used chunky and it worked great too)
4 tsp curry, or to taste
4 chicken breasts






Mix and marinade the chicken for at least an hour. Grill, or put it all in a pan and cook it on the stove top. (I'm thinking you could even put the it all in a 9X13 pan and bake it at 350 degrees till the chicken is cooked. This would make the prep work fast and all it would need to do is bake....although stovetop cooked chicken is super delish.)






1/2 cup toasted coconut (I doubled this as well.)
1/4 cup currants (We used craisins since this is what we had in our pantry.)

Top chicken with coconut and currants. Serve over regular rice or coconut rice. Soooo easy and Sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment