Thursday, February 9, 2012

Whole Wheat Pancakes or Waffles



I am always keeping my eyes open for good breakfast recipes. This one is a keeper and I'm going to use it as my new go-to pancake recipe. I haven't tried this recipe when making waffles yet, but the original recipe said it could be used as both. I will say that it is a great whole-wheat pancake recipe and I LOVE the fact that I have updated my old pancake recipe with this better one :)


Whole Wheat Pancakes or Waffles
Makes 12 pancakes

2 cups milk
1/4 c oil
2 eggs
3 TBS sugar
2 C whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda


Put all wet ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Combine dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix well. Combine wet and dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. The mixture should be slightly lumpy. Cook on hot griddle* or waffle iron.


*I put my griddle at 350 degrees and they cook perfectly! :)

Photo Source Inquiring Chef
PS  I really want to try her version of Light and Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes.  Click link above to see recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment