Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Better Than Crack Brownies

 
 
 
 
 
 
I was really blessed to have a lot of meals brought in after I had my 3rd baby 7 weeks ago.  One sweet girl Kari brought me these brownies.  I am hoping to find a good, fudgy brownie recipe to be the base (other than a boxed mix).  If you have any ideas, let me know, but I plan on trying the oooey gooey brownie recipe as the base the next time I make these (see link below). 
 
 
 
Better-Than-Crack Brownies
1 batch brownies (boxed mix or oooey gooey brownies)
1/2 cup salted peanuts (if don’t have salted, add sea salt)
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups (I used peanut butter chocolate chips)
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
 
 
 
Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
 
Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
 
While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal.
 
Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
 
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
 
 
Picture and Recipe Source: How Sweet It Is.  Click link for the direct site.  I plan on following her blog from now on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment