Monday, September 30, 2013

Spinach & Egg White Pancakes


My friend Meg over at Food Tastic Sisters is a great cook.  She is always tweaking recipes to be healthier.  She is an amazing personal trainer and knows how to eat healthy.  She put this recipe on Face Book the other day and I admit, I had my doubts.  I was very surprised at how good they were for being super healthy and having spinach in them.  I know, I'm so pessimistic, right?!  I slathered my son's pancake with peanut butter and syrup (before he saw them to cover up any remnant of green color) and while eating them he kept saying, "MMMMMMM, Mom these are SO yummy MMMMMM!"  He doesn't even say that about regular pancakes ha ha.  The regular pancake recipe I make has cinnamon in it and I think its the cinnamon that makes this recipe tasty.  For a version of a healthy pancake, this was delish! :)  Thanks again Meg!


1 cup egg whites (If I remember right, it took about 7 real egg whites)
1 handful spinach
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder...
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pure vanilla

Blend and slap on a griddle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment