Friday, October 4, 2013

Heart Attack Chicken

Sometimes I don't want to think about dinner.  I just want to dump stuff in a crock pot and walk away.  This is one of those meals.  Its not healthy-but it tastes good and my kids will eat it.  I served it with tons of broccoli as a side dish.  You can also make it in a casserole dish, but I don't have the baking instructions so you would just need to experiment!


*Note: This recipe can easily be split in half.  A halved amount would be a good sized dish to make for my family of two adults and three children.


Heart Attack Chicken

Soften and Mix:
1 stick butter
1 8oz package cream cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup

Combine and add with above ingredients:
2 packages Italian Salad Mix
2 C water
2 tsp bullion

Put mixture into crockpot for 6 hours on low.  Add 16 oz uncooked egg noodles 1 1/2 hours before serving.  May need to add and extra cup or two of milk to mixture to give it added moisture.   Can also boil noodles on the stove according to package directions and add into the crockpot mixture before serving.

Source: My awesome SIL Mylinda, who got it from someone in her ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment