Sunday, October 6, 2013

Norwegian Meatballs






I served it with mashed potatoes and steamed asperagus.




Norwegian Meatballs

from the "Worldwide Ward Cookbook Mom's Best Recipes"

Mel's adapted version:
To make 15 (golf ball or slightly larger sized meatballs) that fits in a 9x13 inch pan
1lb ground beef (I used 80/20)
1/2 C Italian Bread Crumbs (original recipe called for saltine cracker crumbs)
1/2 C oats (my adaptation to add in fiber)
salt and pepper to taste (I just sprinkled some in)
2 eggs
1/2 onion, chopped
2 10.75 oz cans "Chicken and Rice" soup, drained-reserve broth for gravy
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
1-2 TBS corn starch
Original Recipe that feeds two families:
2 lbs ground beef
2 C saltine crackers (I would do half bread crumbs, half oats if it were me)
3 eggs
1 onion chopped
3 10.75 oz cans "Chicken & Rice" soup, drained; reserve broth for gravy
2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
2 TBSP corn starch
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs (or bread crumbs/oats if using my substitution)


Photo Source from Cuisine at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment