Monday, October 7, 2013

Spinach Scramble

This picture isn't exactly accurate to the recipe below.  In the picture, they used whole eggs and for this recipe, you only use egg whites.  How I wish I was a photographer and could make take my own pics and make the food look wonderful!  Anyway, I was given this recipe from a friend Kari, who said it is from the P90X Nutrition Guide.  It had great flavor.  Delicious!


Spinach Scramble
1/2 C Roma tomatoes
1 C spinach leaves, cleaned and dried
6 egg whites (4 was plenty for serving just myself)
1 1/2 oz feta cheese crumbles
1 TBSP fresh basil, chopped

Coat a small pan with non-stick spray.  Saute tomatoes and spinach until slightly tender.  Remove and set aside.  Whisk the egg whites together in a bowl and add to the pan.  Cook, stirring, over low heat until almost set.  Add the vegetable mixture, cheese and basil.  Cook to desired firmness.

PS  I HATE wasting food, so I used the egg yolks to make scrambled eggs for my kids, mixed a few other whole eggs.  :)

Photo Source: Green Little Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment