Friday, March 25, 2011

Goolash

So, this is one of those recipes I grew up LOVING. I think we all have those food items when we are a kid. My other favs as a wee munchkin included the marshmallow peeps and all kinds of foods that now remind me of nothing that resembles actual food. Well, call it a pregnancy craving if you will, but this recipe is super simple and good-but again, I grew up with it so I love it. My husband thinks its alright, but he doesn't rave over it. I don't blame him-I don't rave over his favorite kid meal-tuna on toast.





Goolosh
My Mama Joyce

INGREDIENTS:
Makes enough for a 9x13 pan.

1 lb ground beef (use real ground beef, not ground turkey)
1 onion, diced
1 can Cambell’s Tomato Soup (not generic brand)
1 small bag frozen corn
1 8 oz block cheddar cheese
12 oz package elbow macaroni (can use whole wheat)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Set aside.

2. Fry ground beef and onion together.

3. Combine all ingredients together adding the elbow macaroni last.

4. Cover and heat in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment