Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Here is another recipe we had at the baby shower. My friend Jamie made it and it turned out awesome. Strawberry Spinach Salad. Its incredible. Just trust me on this one :) Its sweet, but so good. The strawberries go perfect with the dressing. Its a perfect summer salad or something to have at a party/babyshower.



I got the recipe from my friend Cooking With Mandy. Her blog is really good so check it out. Since Mandy has used my pot pie recipe on her blog, I'm really hoping she is cool with me putting her recipe on my blog. :)


Strawberry Spinach Salad
1 (10 oz) bag of spinach
1 package of strawberries, sliced
2/3 cup sliced almonds
4 tsp. sugar


Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp. poppy seeds


Mix all ingredients for the dressing. Place the almonds in a non-stick skillet. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until the almonds are caramelized. Set aside and cool. Toss the spinach, strawberries, and almonds together. When ready to serve toss the salad with the dressing.

Recipe Source: Cooking With Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha... I just noticed you posted this recipe on your blog. I don't mind if you use my recipe. You can post any of my recipes any time you want :)

    ReplyDelete