Saturday, June 12, 2010

Broccoli & Ham Quiche


My husband and I had this for dinner, but I quickly realized it was much more of a breakfast dish. I guess some people love breakfast foods for dinner, so I guess it could be satisfying for both. It could easily be made into a vegetarian dish by leaving out the meat as well. I served this with fresh fruit. Yum :)

Broccoli and Ham Quiche

3/4 c. chopped cooked ham
1 pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped green pepper (I used red)
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. Bisquick mix
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease quiche dish. Thaw broccoli (squeeze out water) and mix with ham, onion, pepper, and cheese. Spread in dish. Beat remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour over other ingredients and bake until brown, about 35-40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.



Side Note: It took about an hour for this to cook, I think partly because I used a taller dish. It would do better in a shallow dish instead.




Source: Cooks.Com

1 comment:

  1. I tried this one for dinner tonight, and served it with fruit and some blueberry muffins. It was YUMMY! And we have enough left for a good breakfast tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete