Monday, June 7, 2010

Soy Sauce Chicken






This is the BEST chicken marinade recipe I have. I promise you, you'll love it. This was what my husband requested for his birthday dinner-its that good. As for the Sprite or 7-Up, my mother-in-law said she once substituted apple juice and it worked just as well. I'm not sure if I believe her.....because this chicken always comes out so tender. I wonder if the carbination has something to do with it??? Anyway, I always have a 12 pack of Sprite laying around just to use in this recipe. I'm not a soda fan, but for this recipe I make an exception. I also love this recipe because you can use this chicken in lots of dishes-I use it in my Chinese Chicken Salad recipe or throw it on a bun with melted swiss, sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms and have chicken sandwiches.





Thaw chicken and marinade for 24-48 hours for best results. I prefer it cooked on the grill, but you can also bake it covered in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.



Chicken Marinade:
½ C sprite or 7-Up
1/8 C vegetable oil
¼ C soy sauce
¼ tsp garlic powder ( I usually put at least 1/2 tsp-1 tsp because I love garlic flavor)
1-2 LBS chicken ( prefer boneless skinless)

1 comment: