Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tuna Gravy on Toast



So, I know what you are thinking. "What??!! Tuna Gravy on Toast?? Weird." Trust me, I thought it was so weird too.....until I actually tried it. It is so good! Simple, but good :) And I stole the picture above from the site I got this recipe from. My tuna gravy is darker because I use whole wheat flour in it and also whole wheat bread, but you get the idea.










This is something I've also picked up on the first few years I was married: There are a few meals I've learned that my husband LOVES. Those meals include grilled cheese with tomato soup along with this tuna creation. I've learned that the meals he loves are the ones his mom used to make for him....which generally are pretty simple-so I'm thrilled about this :) I first had this dish at my in-laws for breakfast, but we had it for dinner. So, I don't know what you should serve it as but it was yummy as both.







Tuna Gravy On Toast

Source:



*Note: I halve the following recipe and it works out perfect for 2 people, plus some leftovers.


4 cans tuna, drained
1/2 Cup butter
4 Cups milk
1/2 Cup flour (I use whole wheat flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder


Melt butter in large skillet, gradually add flour, cook 1 minute, wisk in milk and seasoning. When thickened, add tuna. Serve over broken toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment