Saturday, June 5, 2010

Skor Cake



So, it was my husband's birthday recently and I asked him what kind of cake he wanted. After going through 3 different options, he finally settled on, "that cake thats chocolate with the toffee and its gooey." Well, my husband couldn't believe the real name of the cake......"Better Than Sex Cake." He didn't like that name because we don't want to have to explain to our son what sex is anytime soon, so I started teasing him calling it, "Better Than Jennifer Anniston Cake." It can also be found under, "Better Than Brad Pitt Cake," but lets face it, Brad Pitt just isn't what he used to be now that he is with Anjalina Jolie. Am I right people??? She just seems so weird to me. Anyway, my friend Natalie called it "Skor Cake" (even though I made it with Heath bars SHHHHHH). "Skor Cake" it is. And dang-its dangerous, delicious, and you won't be able to get enough of it. Well, actually-you will-because its pretty rich, but SO good. Enjoy!








Skor Cake
Ingredients:
1 German chocolate or other chocolate cake, baked, 13x9x2-inch
3/4 cup fudge topping (I used chocolate syrup)
3/4 cup caramel or butterscotch topping
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (I used one small can)
6 chocolate covered toffee bars, chopped

1/2 bag chopped toffee pieces, found in baking isle
1 small carton real whipping cream, whipped








Preparation:
Do not remove cake from pan. After the cake has cooled, make holes in the entire top of the cake using a large fork or the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour (one at a time) fudge, butterscotch, and condensed milk over the top of the cake and let each flavor soak in before adding the next. This takes a minute or two so be patient. Sprinkle half of the toffee pieces onto cake. Frost the cake with the whipped topping. Drizzle a little chocolate and butterscotch syrup on top to decorate. Then spread the remaining toffee pieces and chopped toffee bars to complete the decoration. Try to keep your hands off of this great cake before serving!
Serves 12


Original Source, Adapted by Mel

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh this looks amazing! I wish we were over there celebrating with you guys just so we could eat this CAKE. haha Happy Birthday to Nephi! ;)

    ReplyDelete